August 20, 2015

Breakfast Ideas in da house!

Do you guys remember when I said i feel lonely after my moving to Auckland? Weirdly, and thankfully, cooking helps me to cope with the changes in my life! 

Today, i took a moment to finally sorting out the cause of me feeling shit and grateful in the same time for the last 8 weeks here. I think the main reasons are being far away from SG friends and family, and the changes from a vibrant Singapore to the Aotearoa

Anyhooo, I am so ready to start rolling my life here and I am so excited to show you guys, my cooking! 

Daku pamer pamer hasil makanan yah! Let me know if you want a recipe or perhaps cooking tutorial? Hahaha -sok abiez-

Egg Benedict.

Enough of spending $18-$22 for a plate of 2 eggs with Hollandaise sauce, bread, bacon, and some salad. And top up $3 for sauted mushroom. Can you imagine what can you get for $25? In pak&save (macam fair price di sg, and carrefour kl di jakarta) I can get a 30pcs tray of eggs, 1 bag of bacon, and 1 big bag of mushroom. Enough for almost the whole month breakfast. :)  

I know the reason we eat this dishes out for the sauce and ambience, ay? And i know too, that it is pretty annoying to make the hollandaise sauce. But believe me, if a noob cook like myself can nailed it, you definitely can too. The secret is to have a constant stirring. 



Avocado + Egg on toast. Green juice.

This combination is the bomb! Avocado work as mayo replacement, and all you have to do is to mashed the avocado with the hard boiled egg, sprinkle some salt and pepper. Done! 

The green juice to me is a definite refresher in our breakfast routine, try kiwi and apple combination. Yumm! 



Still Egg Benedict

Let's simplify this fancy breakfast by making a cup from bread and oven toasted those in muffin tray. Put up the pouch egg, and top it up with Bacon, Dill and the Hollandaise sauce (again).


Bak Chor Mee

This is one of the typical Singapore breakfast. The direct translation will be " Minced Meat Noodle ", and we have been craving for this since the day we landed in Auckland. So, i decided to made one for family. 

I boiled the noodle and serve it with the Mince pork with mushroom in soya and vinegar sauce, ikan bilis, fried shallots, beefball, friend pork and shrimp ball. We enjoyed to the bit of it, and definitely "worth waking up" kind of breakfast.


Hope this will inspire you guys to start cooking at home and eat together with your family. Karena eh, belakangan gw nyadar..especially buat kita yg tinggal di luar negeri jauh dr keluarga, moment bisa makan bareng family itu precious banget yah..so don't take it for granted. 



7 comments :

  1. waaa bisa bikin restoran nih ric... bikin ngiler!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Far from it lah man.. Ini kan jago kandang aja. :)

      Delete
  2. You don't have to feel lonely. I will happy to hang out with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waaww ngilerrr ell! Thx for the idea yaa, gue penasaran sama yg roti pale alpukat itu. Kayaknya enak bgt hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. El... Bikin tutorial plissss~
    Gw ga bisa bikin poached egg yg bagus apalagi hollandaise sauce itu. Dulu pernah nyoba & gagal total :(
    Tapi liat masakan lu jd ngilerrr & pengen bngt belajar.
    Btw, beginilah nasib jauh dr keluarga tp gpp, ntar jg ku bakal enjoy ;)

    ReplyDelete

Wut do you think?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...